Kennel cough is a respiratory infection that affects dogs and cats. It is highly contagious and can be deadly if not treated immediately. If you’re caring for a dog or cat with kennel cough, these five home remedies will help keep them healthy and fighting off the infection. If your pet is showing any of the following symptoms, it’s time to get them to the vet: fever, coughing, sneezing, loss of appetite or sleep, diarrhea or vomiting.
Kennel Cough: Causes and Prevention
Kennel cough is a contagious respiratory infection that can be spread through coughing and sneezing. The virus is highly contagious and can be harmful to both dogs and humans. Kennel cough is most common in young puppies, but it can occur at any age. There is no specific cure for kennel cough, but there are some methods that can help prevent the infection from spreading.
Keep your dog isolated from other dogs if you think he may have kennel cough. Clean your home thoroughly each time you have a guest over to avoid bringing the virus into the house. Make sure your dog has access to fresh air and plenty of exercise. If you notice your dog has symptoms of kennel cough, take him to see a veterinarian as soon as possible. There are many treatments available for dogs with kennel cough, and the doctor will decide which one is best for your pet.
Home Remedies for Kennel Cough
There are many home remedies for kennel cough that can help clear your dog’s airway and keep them comfortable. Here are some of the most common:
– Make a strong tea of honey and lemon juice. Add enough water to make a cup, and give it to your dog orally or pour it into their kennel. Lemon is thought to be soothing, while the honey helps mask the smell of bacteria.
– Brew an infusion of chamomile flowers and licorice root in hot water. Pour this into a spray bottle and spritz it into your dog’s nose every few hours. Chamomile is calming, while licorice fights infection.
– Steam your home with clean white vinegar before you bring in your dog for visits. This will kill any bacteria that might be lingering, and it smells great too!
– Add 1 tsp baking soda to 2 cups of warm water, mix well, then pour this mixture over your dog. Bathe them immediately after soaking, and dry them off with a towel. Baking soda is effective at killing germs and making your pet smell good!
How to Treat Kennel Cough at Home
If your dog is coughing and has a fever, his symptoms may be related to kennel cough. Kennel cough is a contagious respiratory illness that can be spread through close contact with an infected animal or its saliva or mucus. Treatment typically involves rest, fluids and antibiotics. Here are six home remedies that have been proven to help relieve symptoms of kennel cough in dogs:
1. Clean the Dog’s Airway: One of the main causes of kennel cough is bacteria getting into the lungs. To help prevent further infections, make sure to clean your dog’s airway regularly with a mild solution of soap and water. If the coughing doesn’t improve after several days of using this solution, take your dog to the veterinarian for testing.
2. Give Fluids: Drinking plenty of fluids will help hydrate your dog and reduce congestion in his lungs. Try giving him ice cold liquids or broth made from boiled chicken or beef bones. Avoid giving too much milk, as it can increase congestion in the throat and lungs.
3. Place Your Dog on His Back: This position will help clear mucus from the windpipe and allow easier breathing.
4. Give Your Dog Omega-3 Fats: A diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids has been shown to support respiratory health in both people and dogs. Add flaxseed oil, salmon or tuna oil to your pet’s food or give supplements during times of illness. Be sure to
If you’re like most people, you’ve tried everything to cure kennel cough – from over-the-counter medications to humidifiers. But what if there was a better way? In this article we’ll share five home remedies that actually work for curing kennel cough and restoring your dog’s health. By following these tips, you can help your furry friend get back to his or her happy self in no time at all. So don’t wait any longer – try one of these cures today!